Friday 16 November 2012

Carluccio's and Hairy Bikers






http://a820.g.akamai.net/f/820/822/1d/i.ivillage.co.uk/uk_en/a_ukpix/article/carlucciosliverpool3.jpg   Ness and I went to Carluccio's and had the festive menu. We had antipasto d'Inverno which was buffalo mozzarella, aubergine, mushrooms, salami, chargrilled bread and olives. When the waitress took the plates she said to me "You didn't like the caponata?" Oopsie! For mains we had lenticchie e cotechino which was an Italian Christmas delicacy of sausage on a bed of lentils. The lentils were so salty they were nearly inedible. And Ness didn't like the fact we had to take the skin off the sausage. Ness had the dessert selection of mini choc raspberry tart, pistachio icecream and panettone. I ordered the mandarin sorbet but what the waitress brought me tasted like melon sorbet to me. Then we went to the Corn Exchange to see the Hairy Bikers. We were right near the front. Ness bought me the programme which taught me that Croque Monsieur means Gentleman's Crunch. The show wasn't that good because there was a lot of them being silly and trying to be funny and us watching pre-recorded bits on a big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment