Wednesday 12 November 2014

Madeira - Wednesday



We left Mum at the hotel to have a massage while me and Dad got picked up in a minibus to go on our 7 mile walk. Our guide told me off for having a miserable face so that was a good start. Everyone else had anoraks, rucksacks, walking boots, special sticks apart from me and Dad. The guide man lent us each a mac. We had to go up and down slopes and great long stretches of steps and along narrow walls with a big drop on one side and it was really muddy and wet so me and Dad nearly slipped over a few times. Our guide man told us off for putting our feet down wrong and all the Countryfile power-walking types gave us disapproving looks for being so slow. I was trailing right at the back. We had to go through a really long pitch black tunnel as well. I was so tired my legs were shaking.



  When we finally got back to the hotel Mum said she'd got a bit lost trying to find her room again after she came out the spa but she found some other woman who was a bit lost too.
 I had a feed up of cakes at dinner time. In the hotel dining room Mum said to me look there's Michael Rosen and Aunt Babe over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment