Tuesday 23 October 2012

Nigella

Ness and I got the train after work to Ely. We had a 15 minute walk to the cathedral and Ness asked a couple of people for directions. We queued up and managed to get seats near the front. Ness enjoyed the free wine! Tasha arrived just as it was about to start. Nigella talked about her new book and then answered lots of questions from the audience about how to tell when your pasta's done and what cake is best to make to impress people. Then they announced there would be book signing at the front and there was a sudden huge bundle of about a thousand people all trying to get in there. A mad woman started trying to push me over so Ness had to be my bodyguard. When it was finally my turn Nigella commented on my name being French. Tasha said to her she'd have RSI by the end of the night and Nigella said nothing a stiff drink won't fix. Then we went back out into the fog and made our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment